KARTHIKEYAN10D, #04-15, Braddell Hill, Singapore 579723
ObjectiveSeeking employment as Software Engineer, System Engineer or Technical Consultant.
Career GoalsTo work in an exciting technology driven company or institution, preferably in the area of telecommunications, wireless and mobile communications, networks or IT.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, 1998. o Final Year Specialization: Communications Engineering o Division: IInd Class Upper (Honours)
- All India Secondary Schools Certificate Examination (AISSCE), Equivalent of 'A' Levels, India, 1994
- 3+ years Professional Engineering Work Experience
- Specialized in Technical Software/Hardware Design and Development
- Sectors: Electronics, Telecommunications, Automation, IT
- Experienced in Technical Project Management.
- Jan 2002-Present
Intelligent Business Collaboration (IBC) Systems Ltd
- Mar 2000-Nov 2001
R&D Software Engineer
European Semiconductor Equipment Corporation (ESEC)
- Jul 1998-Feb 2000
Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC)
- Jan 1997-Jun 1997
R&D Student Employee
Aztech Systems Ltd, Singapore
- C/C++, Java, JSP, Unix/DOS Shell
- MS Visual C++, J2SE, J2EE, MS Visual Source Safe, FrontPage
- Oracle RDBMS-SQL
- Windows, Linux, MS-DOS, Unix
- ADSP-2181, Intel 8051, 8088 Assembly
IT Implementation Specialist (Software Engineer)
IBC Systems Ltd, Singapore
[Jan 2002 -Present]
- Report Generation
[Jan 2002 - Present]
- Developed JSP/XML/XSLT based report generation software on Apache Tomcat platform.
- Implemented front end IT solutions for supply-chain business viz. XML based Database Query and Report Generation, web-GUI interfaces etc.
Real-Time System Control Software Developer (R&D Software Engineer)
European Semiconductor Equipment Corporation (ESEC), Singapore.
[Mar 2000 -Nov 2001]
- Wire Bonder Software
[Mar 2000 - Nov 2001]
- Designed, developed and maintained real-time control software in C/C++ for high-precision wire-bonder machines used in backend semiconductor manufacturing automation.
- Completed software and machine training course in Switzerland.
- Completed software projects in the following areas - Ultrasonic Transducer Calibration and Control - Bondhead Force Calibration and Motion Control - Precision Looping Movement Control - Process Optimization
- Conducted Alpha and Beta tests for major software releases.
- Provided customized software solutions.
RF & Digital Hardware System Designer (R&D Engineer)
Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC), Singapore
[Jun 1998 -Feb 2000]
- IP Telephony
[Nov 1999-Feb 2000]
- Designed the hardware for IP telephony system over Wireless DECT LAN, Wired LANs, and PSTN to consolidate voice and data networks in typical office environments.
- RF-Identification Application
[Jun 1999-Nov 1999]
- Designed and developed an electronic toy application using wireless RF-ID technology, which led to a spin-off by some employees of the firm.
- Designed the baseband circuit using the Sensory RSC-264T chipset for the toy's speech synthesis/recognition capabilities, and designed board level hardware.
- Cable Modem
[Jul 1998-Jun 1999]
- Designed and developed a cable-modem set-top box for internet access using existing cable television networks.
- Designed and developed the Physical Layer system using STEL-2176 Cable Modem chipset.
DSP System Designer (R&D Student)
Aztech Multimedia Systems Ltd., Singapore
[Jan 1997 -Jun 1997]
- DSP-Based Signal Analyzer
[Jan 1997-Jun 1997]
- Designed and developed a DSP-based Signal Analyzer system to test and analyze speakerphone voice quality.
- Developed firmware applications for voice signal processing and filtering.
- Development of CDMA Wireless Transceiver
[Jul 1997-Mar 1998]
- Final Year Project (FYP)
- Designed and developed wireless transceiver based on HARRIS PRISM chipset for wireless LANs (WLAN) and mobilephone applications.
- Familiarized with WLAN systems, hardware development using Protel CAD package and testing using advanced RF and Baseband instruments.
- Microcontroller Based Obstacle Avoidance Vehicle
[May 1996 - Jun 1996]
- In-House Practical Training (IHPT) project.
- Developed an autonomous self-guided vehicle using Intel 80C188 microcontroller, to traverse through an obstacle-ridden maze.
- Implemented maze traversal algorithms in 'C' and developed motor circuitry.
- Study of Polaron Resonance in Parabolic Potential
[Nov 1994 - Mar 1995]
- Theoretical project in physics to aid development of quantum electronic devices.
- Analyzed the behavior of a polaron in a quantum well.
- Mathematical equations and results were verified and computations performed with C programs on Unix workstations.
- Served as IEEE-NTU Student Branch Ex-Co Member in NTU
- Was on Deans List for commendable academic performance in NTU
- Awarded the SIA-NOL Scholarship for undergraduate studies in Singapore
- Successful in the prestigeous IIT-JEE engineering entrance exam in India
- Awarded the NTSE Scholarship by Indian Government for higher studies
- Successful in State level Physics and Maths Olympiads
- Fluent in English and Hindi. Fairly proficient in Tamil and German.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel or relocate.
- Member of IEEE since 1998.
- Dr V K Dubey
Nanyang Technological University
- Mr S V Rao
Centre for Wireless Communications